Thursday, May 12, 2011

THRIVE - Planting Peace at LL Hotckiss



Children from war torn countries who come to Dallas with their families start at LL Hotchkiss Elementary. Today Marks the Beginning collaborates with the art teachers at the school as part of the program - MasterPEACE: Young Artists Making a Kinder World. Watch the video and read Advocate Magizine online! Exerpt - "Today Marks the Beginning, which East Dallas-based artist Karen Blessen founded, planted a peace garden with the refugee students at Hotchkiss. And they designed a peace pole together. The students created mosaics, which artists Diane Van Buren and Linda McLemore compiled onto the pole, made from PVC pipe. At the top, the artists added “May Peace Prevail on Earth” in six languages."

http://lakewood.advocatemag.com/2011/05/advocate-video-east-dallas-nonprofit-plants-peace-in-a-disd-elementary-school/

1 comment:

erectile dysfunction pills said...

I'm impressed, I must say. Rarely do I encounter a blog that's equally educative and interesting, and let me tell you, you've hit the nail on the head. The problem is an issue that too few folks are speaking intelligently about. I am very happy I came across this during my search for something relating to this.